Friday, December 21, 2012

Auntie Shelbs in Virginia

OH man. I have put off blogging about my nanny trip to VA for soooo long. Words can't even explain all the fun we had and all the memories. It was one of the most memorable experiences in my life as Auntie Shelbs. 4 1/2 weeks with these kids changed my life! I will never forget this amazing experience! And I posted SO many pictures but I didn't even post half of the pictures I took! I will cherish the pictures forever! So here's some of the highlights-

The kids trying on my earrings the first morning!


LOVE this picture of them dressing up as the prince and Cinderella. Luke cracks me up. Ahhahaha

I brought way too many shoes, which shae gladly took advantage of, and the kids loved to try on!

I seriously just LOVE this crazy lukie bendo!
 

This is one of my favorite pictures from my whole trip! We went out to eat and I asked Shae to take a picture of us and Lukie put his arm around me:) Such a sweetie. 

Sunday Best!

Twinner Hair!

I loved driving the two older kids around as their seats were all the way in the back seat! I felt like a mommy in a big ole mommy mobile!

I even took the kids to the store by myself! It was a fun adventure for me!

Fort building!

Captain Underpants!!!

We had some classic moments putting on scripture plays. We reenacted Ammon and the arms, Nephi gettin the plates from King Laban, and Moses and the serpents.  
 

Swimming and the Rec Center!

We actually got kicked out early, but the kids had fun blow drying their hair in the dressing room!

Tire swing at the park! Emmie's favorite things at the park are things that spin! She loved to spin around soooo fast!

Em's fort for claire! She was the best big sister to Claire. If Claire ever fussed, Em would quickly rush to her aid!

Making stick bow and arrows!

Getting books at the library!

Playing with Clay!

Swimming and Mister Thomas's pool:)

Our homemade carnival!


Luke gave up trying to throw the balls in the bowl and just jumped right in!

Face painting!


Popcorn!

Reading Marathon!

My pants matched Claire's little sockies!

Nothing says Happy Fourth of July like a BIG ole pizza! Hahahah we were dying! So big!

So grateful for my amazing sister! We grew so close over the weeks I was there!

Happy 4th!

Claire just chillin at the park!


Girls night out!

Me and Shae went to dinner at Serendipity- SOOOO good. 

Of course we ordered two desserts....

and cleared them both. :)


Then we went to the Pentagon Memorial. It was SO AWESOME!

So beautiful at night! Each bench is for someone who died when the plane hit the pentagon on 9/11. There was so much symbolism with the benches and trees and how it was organized! Me and Shae were totally fascinated!

So big ole cones at Chick-fil-a!

Making a muddy buddy cake for Claire's 2 month bday! 


Twinners again! Hahahah these pictures crack me up. Love my Emmie Doodle!


Just playing down in the toy room going "fishing" in a cardboard boat!

Pretending to catch a tiger muskie like papa!

 The sweet claire bear!

Reading stories with my kiddos!

:)

Absolutely love this picture!

Cure curls!!

FHE- playing "spools"

Visiting the Iwo Jima memorial! So sweet! It was fun to like relieve my Choir DC trip memories!

Arlington Cemetery!


Fun water park!

It was so stinkin hot this baby always just chilled in the diaper! :)
 

Heading out for our beach trip!! The kids were SO excited to see that they got personal TV's for the road trip!

So stinking cute!

Playing in the waves at Rehoboth, Delaware beach! Not sure how I got so lucky to go on a vacation with them too!

Emmie met a few cute friends on the beach and they had lots of fun playing in the sand together!

We also went swimming at the pool at the hotel! it was soooo sweet because our hotel was right along the beach boardwalk so we walked right to the beach from our hotel!

Classic mud picture!

These two are the CUTEST little friends and buddies. So happy i captured this moment. Beach bums holding hands:)

My cute VA fam. There was this awesome boardwalk along the beach with shops, restaurants and even this mini lagoon amusement park! It was perfect for kids! Thanks feathies for the fun beach trip! :)

My one on one ice cream date with Emmie!

I took her to a fun little store to pick out a few prizes/ goodbye gifts from me!

My ice cream date with Lukie Ben!


LOVE this kid. He was soooo excited to get a water gun. He called it his "shooter"


This is what happens when Auntie Shelbs babysits and is in charge of bath time! BUBBLE BATH!

Making a pizza for lunch!

Another water park! Perfect summer activities!

Having a little sleepover in the basement! Honestly one of the best/funniest nights there! We were telling some great jokes and busting up laughing.

Cutest kids!

Rainy day at the park ended shortly soo....

We got ice cream again at Chick-fil-a

Literally HUGE ice cream cones.

Big ole bowling night! Everyone had to pose for their own model shot!
Me:

Emmer!

JF

Luker!

Shae bob!

We got a little too crazy dancing and having such a good time! Jono even whipped out a big ole bum/back spin for us!

Claire's blessing! So glad I was able to be there! What a beautiful baby and a beautiful day!

Scot and Sarah came down for the blessing too!
 

A fun goodbye party the kids and shae put on for me and gave me a card and some cute earrings.
  

I made the kids goodbye cards and it was so cute as Emmie made one for me after just like it!

Playing some final games in the basement on my last day! Man looking at these pictures i miss that toy room! We played such fun games down there! 

Just some carpet sledding :)

Giving luker a buzz!

Yes, Em was even the hair stylist! 

Cute buzz boy!

Saying goodbye to my Virgina fam! So grateful for the memories. Unforgettable. So hard to say goodbye!

My dear sista shae. SUCH an amazing mom you guys!! She is my second mommy too! Miss her and her sweet kids. Hope I can go back to VA next year! LADY LIBERTY shout out;)

1 comments:

jsfeatherstone said...

I LOVE THIS! I just looked through it tonight--the night before your wedding. Shout out to Lady Liberty tomorrow! You will be a beautiful bride. LOVE YOU