Thursday, March 1, 2012

Region and State Champs!! :)


Region Competition at BHS! It was such a big day for me! I was awarded Academic All Region, and I won the Drill Down! :)
Sisters. I LOVE them.
My favorite fan club!
Jane:)
My BIGGEST and BEST fan- mom:)
My girl friends that came to support!!
Number 1 in Region!!
The usual 5! This year we have been dubbed the "Fab 5"... we hated it at first, but we've just kinda accepted it! We are such good friends. I love them so much!
Jan. We did indeed sell our souls to Jan Whittaker, but we have no shame in that!
Applebee's after! Classic! We used to go there after competitions all the time last year!
Our State Bus: 444. 444. CRAZY stuff. We are always looking for "signs" to say "it's a sign." So this year we were always looking for 4's to symbolize BHS Drill winning State for the 4th year in a row! This was the best sign of the whole year!
Before we performed, we took a nice brunch break! It is nice to get away from the Competition for a little while.
So... here are some pictures from our dances that a girl took!

Military: 1st Place
 

 Dance Drill: 1st Place
Me and Hannah leading on the group! Our families LOVE it :)



I'm always a "lifter." Hahah I help lift this girl, and then another one right after!


Character: 1st Place

I was so lucky to have the opportunity to be on stilts!
 

Waiting in the circle for awards! We all cross arms, hold hands, and huddle together!
...and the 4a State Champion is... BOUNTIFUL!

The Fab 5 with the trophies!
Our crowd is soooo supportive and awesome! Tons of the Fans and Parents had on the African War Paint ;) Mom is on the very far right :)
4 Peat! "Kuaw Neen Suaw!" - In african that means Braves Take Winner... or STATE!
My favorite little girlies! They are the best fans!! Charley loved all the dances! She has drawn me so many good luck and congratulations pictures of me dancing and on stilts and such. It makes me feel so cool and loved! Love their face paint too!
Rachel is wonder mom! Can't believe she brought these 3 kiddos! Don't know how she does it! Thanks for all your support Ray!
Love my fan club! I was so glad Shae and Ray were both able to come even though they have so much going!
My mom is my rock! She has given me so much support and love through these past two years of drill! She is the best mom and I am so grateful for her!
Ahhh my second mom! I'm SO glad Shae got to come see my dance and Region and State before she took off to D.C. She has been such a good sister to me through all the rough times with drill. "Our Song" was always "I hope you Dance." I am so glad I literally choose to Dance.
I also had the most honorable experience as I was awarded Academic All State. Heavenly Father truly helped me keep up in school while doing drill!
Me and the Big Ole Trophy. All the hard work, injuries, sweat, and tears were ALL worth it!! :)


1 comments:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

boo ya! you rock girl- loved the drill post... now if we could only find that da** blue card! hahaha