Sunday, September 20, 2009

Road Trip from Texas to Utah!

Wow driving home to Utah from Texas was the LAST thing I expected when I went to Texas, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It was a really good experience, a lot of fun, and I am glad I could help out. I was lucky enough to sit inbetween Rissa and Shem's carseats for most the ride. Lets just say that my camera kept us very entertained for the drive.






This kid can pull the best faces I have EVER seen!!























































Owen!


















Hudson!


















The Twinies! Wow these kids are SO good in the car!


















Riss and all her toys and blankets. It reminds me of the times when I would always take my Baby Born on every trip with all her stuff.











My glasses were a great toy too, we played a game where you had to guess if the person's eyes were closed or open...it was fun! They also loved rock paper scissors, thumb wars, and tickling fights!!









My little plumby bumb!













We gangsta.













hahah Shem's face was stained from something we ate, but I can't remember what it was...













The little baby angel Sophia. She was SOOOO good the whole trip!! What a little trooper!































Me and My best friends...









































I wouldn't of rather been doing anything else ;)













It was quite the adventure to travel across country for two days with five little kids 6 and under. There was craziness, crankyness, happiness, temper tantrums, crying, laughing, singing, dancing (to the extent of being seat belted in), sleepiness, and sickness, but we survived and it was great! Now i can say i have been to Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska! :) It was sooooo funny to see how people reacted to us in Gas Stations and restaurants, especailly when I would walk in to a Gas Station to fill up four sippy cups, and two water cups for spen, diana, and me. It was probably the best road trip I have been on, NO JOKE!! :) I was always occupied so i didn't have to be thinking about when we would get there or how much longer.

3 comments:

Jyl said...

Wow! I can't believe all the pictures you have posted. You make the road trip look so fun. Wished you were driving with us in the moving truck next week! Also I loved all the pictures of everyone playing at Granny and Papa's. I seem to miss a lot of the goings on as I am working on fixing or cleaning up food for the gang! Love ya, MOM

John and Rachael Alexander said...

wow, tons of sweet pics shelbs of all the grandkids...loved them all, but the alltime classic that got me laughing was parker in my dance outfit. hahaha. shem pulls some crazy faces too.

jsfeatherstone said...

Shelbs, I LOVED looking through all these new pics. Wow. you have some great videos too. I can't believe all we did this summer with the Texans. I liked the funny smiley face on your bed from Spen and Nana. Also the pics of Em and Charley dancing on the tramp with the water are great too. The wedgie!